To speak to our billing office directly, please call (301)279-6750 option 7 or email email@example.com. If you get a voicemail during business hours please know our team is either on the phone with an insurance company or is assisting another patient. Please leave a detailed voicemail or send us a detailed email so we can assist you faster.
We participate in the following Insurance Plans:
- Aetna – HMO, PPO
- Carefirst (BCBS)
- CareFirst Administrators
- Cigna – HMO, PPO (Great West)
- Cigna Care Network- 2nd tier benefits apply
- Golden Rule- (United HealthCare Network Only)
- United HealthCare – MAMSI, MDIPA, Optimum Choice
- Tricare Standard, Reserve Select, Retired Reserve, TYA Standard – (All Tricare plans will be processed through Out of Network benefits)
- Any form of Maryland Medical Assistance programs (This includes Amerigroup, Maryland Physicians Care, Priority Partners, United HealthCare MCO)
- Golden Rule- Multi Plan Network
- United HealthCare Compass, Core Essential, and Navigate (including plans offered by Maryland Health Exchange)
- Travel Insurances
- Tricare Prime (Self pay only! No Out-of-Network benefits avaialble)
- Beech Street PPO (Processed through Out-of-Network benefits)
- Coventry – PPO Only (Processed through Out-of-Network benefits)
- Johns Hopkins – EHP Only (Processed through Out-of-Network benefits)
- PHCS (Processed through Out-of-Network benefits)
If your insurance plan does not appear on the list above, or you want to confirm that we do participate with your insurance policy, you may call our office at (301)279-6750 to discuss your specific situation. We cannot guarantee payment from any insurance policy. It is the policyholders’ responsibility to verify if their insurance is in-network with Potomac Pediatrics. If we do not participate in your plan you may still join our practice; however, you will be required to pay fee-for-service at the time the services are rendered. While we do not submit claims to out of network insurance companies, we are able to provide necessary documentation should you wish to submit for reimbursement. Please note it is the patients’ responsibility to verify in-network benefits.
Please familiarize yourself with the specifics of your insurance contract including coverage benefits and limitations. While we will submit claims for plans we contract with, we are not responsible for knowing the specifics of each individual policy. Should you receive or request a test or procedure that is not covered by your plan, any outstanding charges will become ‘patient responsibility’. Contact your insurance company with questions about your individual policy.
Our billing staff is available to discuss your account at your request. Billing staff can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. To reach the billing department directly call (301) 279-6750 option 7. You can also reach our billing staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All families are required to keep a credit card on file. When your family comes in for your first office visit you will be asked to put your credit card on file. Please click the link below to review our Credit Card on File Agreement and FAQ’s.